Marketing Communications Manager – Leading London Charity – £45K to £50K London/Hybrid
Are you an experienced and dynamic Communications or Marketing Manager wanting to make a genuine, lasting difference to peoples’ lives, the community and the planet? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Our client takes a holistic approach to the work they do and deliver over 500 projects a year that tackle climate change, promote reuse and recycling, co-create and improve valuable urban green space, help people with fuel poverty and support young people into education, training and employment.
Through their 40 years of experience, they know that real, lasting change requires tackling both inequality and environmental issues and they’re looking for a superb Marketing Communications Manager to lead and transform their fundraising efforts.
What you’ll be doing
- As a member of our senior leadership team, you will lead on shaping, coordinating and delivering communications strategies and campaigns to raise our profile among key stakeholders, including partners, funders and the communities we work with.
- You will oversee and manage the Communications Team of 7 delivering project specific communications plans across multiple channels, which reflect marketing and communications strategic objectives.
- You will also take a leading role in coordinating internal communications, promoting organisational knowledge sharing and the development of internal systems and practices that enhance the effective flow of information throughout the organisation.
Who you are
- You will have significant experience of shaping and delivering inspiring and engaging multi-channel communication campaigns; as well as experience of leading and motivating a busy team.
- We’re looking for a confident self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and with the imagination and vision to promote communications and marketing best practice and innovation across the organisation.
- You will have experience in b2b and b2c marketing & communications
- Good knowledge and/or implementation experience of CRM is a plus
- Experience with marketing to or working in a local council or housing association would be beneficial
What we can offer you:
- The chance to make a meaningful difference to Londoners
- Annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- Flexible working options
- Becoming part of our supportive and dedicated team, with formal and informal social and professional development events, both online and in person
- 24 hour access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- A strong commitment to your personal and professional development, including the provision of bespoke training courses and access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme