Do you have a passion for Sport? I am working with a client to hire an Account Director to lead the PR for well known sports brand.
Minimum 7 years Sports brand/sportswear PR or sports related PR such as Federations, events or sponsors PR experience, either in-house or at agency level.
EXPERIENCE/REQUIREMENTS TO INCLUDE:
• Experience directing multiple accounts, including strategic direction and planning across client press office campaigns, projects and events.
• Excellent client relationships, ability to provide high level strategic client counsel and experience of delivering best in class service to clients.
• Experience achieving and over delivering against KPI driven accounts
• Experience setting and managing objectives for team members against client KPIs/targets
• Ensuring maximum efficiency across the team including time management, servicing levels and accurate pricing
• Experience managing and maximising gross profit targets across all client activity.
• Implementing & delivering client retention and growth plans against agency GP targets
• Highly capable of producing written materials including exemplary proposal, pitches and
• presentations writing with independent proofing ability.
• Direction of proposals, pitches and presentations.
• Excellent publicity skills and a strong understanding of what ‘makes a story’ and how best to pitch it.
• Strong network of industry contacts and pre-established working relationships with sports, lifestyle writers, from all relevant and leading media titles. European and Global media contacts also helpful.
• Must have solid understanding of influencer, talent and opinion leader landscape and how clients should be working with them on both an organic and paid basis.
• Direct project / seasonal / yearly plans for clients in response to their briefs and objectives.
• Excellent team management skills and understanding of how to manage direct reports (Account
• Executives) – providing daily support and ensure they are consistently developing delivering against their own personal KPIs.
• Best in class knowledge of finance and budget management.
• Social media savvy and be confident knowledge of digital landscape. Ability to work closely with social media teams to deliver 360 communication results.
• Ability to adapt to the ever-changing media landscape.
• Ability to showcase thought leadership and industry insights
• Have expert knowledge of the field to offer client, board and team counsel, and ability to challenge process to improve ways of working
• Lead new business pitches and proactive involvement in new business prospecting and relationships
• Experience with crisis management ideal
• Leadership, management and accountability for output team
ALSO, MUST BE/HAVE:
• Strong leadership skills to provide guidance and support across the agency at all levels
• Ability to bring a wealth of experience and culture to relevant client briefs to help our brands connect with their target audiences
• Proactive and solution driven
• Adopt and embrace agency processes and values
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Excellent organisational and forward planning skills
• Effective time management
• Ability to be agile and reactive
• Methodical and efficient approach to work, with common sense and initiative
• Comfortable, willing and proactive to work outside of their specialist areas when necessary
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Googledocs
• Willing to embrace and drive change
Apply for Job