Our Purpose – Why we do what we do
f1 is focused on making a difference to the talent pipelines in the Marketing, PR and Sports Marketing sectors. The business world has changed at a speed scarcely imaginable ten years ago and since COVID-19, change has been even faster and even more dramatic.
Since 2004 we have been bold about challenging the status quo for more flexible and agile working patterns, for companies to work much harder to access diverse and wider talent streams for our sector. We have been determined to help our clients achieve more gender parity and better ethnic and social balance inside their companies. We want to be proud that every business we work with has a focus on societal impact as well as profit. We have been talking about the reshaping of Capitalism to drive real societal change for many years and have invested over 30% of our annual profits every year since 2012 into our societal change programmes back2businessship and BAME2020. This year we have launched No Turning Back from BAME2020.
Our goals –
- To help identify and advise CMOs, Communications Directors and Sponsorship Directors of the skills set needed to take their place in the C-suite.
- To champion the Marketing, Communications/ PR and Sponsorship industry as a career of choice.
- To encourage, through ground-breaking programmes and initiatives, people from a diverse, ethnic, demographic and educational background to join and remain in our industry . This includes career changers, returners and flexible workers as well as young people entering the workforce.
- To partner with and influence our industry’s membership associations; the IPA, Advertising Association, CIM, CIPR, PRCA, European Sponsorship Association (ESA) & Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC).
- To trail-blaze best in class (humans working with technology) recruitment practice to candidates and to clients.
- To promote CPD at all levels to help people achieve their professional aspirations.