BAME2020 October 24th event – Time for Change in the Fashion & Lifestyle Industry
8 October 2018
Our next BAME2020 Quarterly meeting will be held on Wednesday 24th October and will focus on the Fashion & Lifestyle Industry.
The Fashion & Lifestyle industry faces many challenges in a world where the high street is under threat and consumers are enjoying a bigger voice. More than ever there is an expectation for organisations to be culturally relevant to have any chance of connecting effectively with their audiences.
However the question remains: How diverse are the backgrounds of the people within fashion & lifestyle and how do people from BAME backgrounds break in to create sustainable careers in marketing and communications in the sector.
Join us for an evening where we will hear how:
- Maneeze Chowdhury MD of Exposure a leading Fashion & Lifestyle communications agency is responding to the challenge through their work with clients.
- Tracey Suen, Co-Founder of 50m has created a new way to support emerging designers in the capital
- Laboni Saha, Founder & Creative Director of L Saha, a luxury womenswear brand, took her career into her own hands in building her own label
We also welcome two excellent social change initiatives that are part of the BAME2020 network already working and engaging with diverse communities, rich with talented and ambitious people.
Please note that the event is by invitation only, so please drop us an email if you are interested in attending or would like to find out more about BAME2020 – email to BAME2020@f1recruitment.com
Wednesday 24th October 2018
6.15 pm (for 6.30 pm start) to 8.30 pm
Travel options: Nearest tube is Aldgate East 3 min walk from underground
- Central Line to Liverpool Street, change to Hammersmith/City line to Aldgate East – 2 stops
- District Line to Aldgate East
- Circle Line to Aldgate, change to District Line to Aldgate East – 1 stop
- Metropolitan Line to Aldgate Station
- Hammersmith & City Line to Aldgate East