Senior Strategist – 1 year mat cover
We’re looking for a seasonsed Senior Strategist for a one year maternity cover for our Talent and Influence Marketing team.
The role will report to the Client Services Director partnering with the team to provide consultation on influencer, digital and social strategy. In this role you will be responsible for developing creative influencer strategies, proposals and proactive responses for clients whose foundation is in consumer insight and campaign data.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Working with global teams across client strategy initatives and delivery, supporting full service offering through the lens of data and culturally relevant insights
- Play a key role in sourcing and building proactive and reactive Client pitches using a blend of cultural knowledge and human intelligence with data
- Lead and actively participate in brainstorms for casting/creative ideation, developing forward-thinking, data-driven and culturally relevant solutions for clients.
- Develop social and digital ideas that are rooted in creativity taking into account what’s happening in the talent, influencer and social space both now and in the future
- Work with account teams on existing clients to identify and devise broader strategies to proactively pitch into clients and organically grow business
- Perform competitive analysis, industry research, assessment of best practices and KPIs (e.g. CPM/earned media value/social media value) in a consistently changing landscape
- Collaborate with Business Development team to develop proposals and proactive pitches for clients that are motivated by social and digital insights and strategy, through a creative lens that captivates and engages the intended audience
- Proactively share relevant insights, news and data with the wider team to ensure we are at the forefront of digital, social and influencer trends.
- Educate ITB team and clients on strategic best practice and the latest innovations
- Lead the monthly creation of The Influence Download presentation and oversee the creation of the quarterly Power of Influence Report
- Actively contribute to thought leadership and press for on strategy, influencer and social media trends
- Oversee and manage strategy team and grow/develop and help build career path accordingly
You are well-versed in talent, influencer and digital trends and strategy across global markets, you will have worked in this space for around 4-6 years. You are tenacious, go getting, creative and strategic with a thorough approach to solving problems. You bring a work ethic that embodies a “how can we make this happen” mentality with a strong sense of initiative and personal ownership.
You have proven experience working in strategy and talent influencer marketing, you have an interest in pop culture/entertainment and what’s trending culturally. You will be able to demonstrate your experience within strategy by the following:
- You have advanced proficiency with digital analytics and social tools, as well as Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working on Influencer SAAS platforms
- Able to utilise campaign tracking and research tools and can adeptly synthesise insights from data, using insights and identified trends to inform future strategies and overall best practice approach
- You understand the difference between dwell time and views, reach and impressions and can answer questions about fluctuations in influencer engagements in different categories with confidence and ease
- In depth understanding of the content and user behaviour trends across a broad range of existing and emerging social platforms
- Highly organised and process driven with strong time management and the ability to multi task and manage simultaneous projects, changing priorities when needed
- Thorough approach to solving problems, with a work ethic than embodies “how can we make this happen”
- Ability to conduct thorough research and analyse and interpret data to understand each client’s brand, business and competitors especially how our clients’ competitors leverage Influencers, identifying any gaps or opportunities to pursue to remain at the forefront and stand out
- An open mindset and ability to adapt across client categories from fashion, beauty, FMCG, tech, alcohol etc
- A problem solving attitude and ability to get creative in order to be solution orientated
- A natural curiosity to be always learning about our evolving industry – reading, watching, listening to stay abreast of cultural trends that can inform and impact our work
- You are able to creatively articulate your point of view in both in-person and in written communications with our team and clients, understanding that digital skillsets vary meaning that your approach will often have to vary
- An understanding of brand comms and how digital influencer and talent strategies complement it
- Proven strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride in delivering quality results and understanding the business impact
- Exceptionally organized – you know how to keep everything on track and have a keen attention to follow-through
- Highly adaptive to changing client needs
- A change champion who pioneers new ideas and approaches
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and knows when to act and when to wait
- Have a flexible approach and adapts to challenges and changing priorities as needed
Apply for Job