Programme and Schools Coordinator
About Creative Mentor Network
Creative Mentor Network is a charity with a mission to make the creative world of work more diverse and inclusive through mentoring. We work with colleges across London to connect talented 16-25 year olds from diverse backgrounds with those working in the creative industries.
We work with some great partners across the creative industries – Havas, Soho House, Sony Music and Sky – matching up their employees with young people and supporting their journey into the industry.
Our model is designed so that everyone wins: supportive careers guidance for students; training and development for mentors; access to diverse talent for creative businesses.
We’re small, but growing fast. We work closely together and always for the benefit of the young people we support. This is a great opportunity to work with a growing charity at an exciting time.
About the role
You’ll be in charge of making sure young people know about our programme, and that we’re working with those who stand to benefit the most from our support. The right candidate will have worked in or with schools before, and will have a knowledge of programmes that support social mobility.
Tasked with strengthening our relationships with school partners, and building more, you’ll be coordinating a team of volunteer ambassadors to go into schools and speak to young people about CMN! You’ll be comfortable building professional relationships as well as understanding what will appeal to young people.
This role spans across the organisation so you’ll have the opportunity to learn from and work with our Youth Programme Managers and our Marketing Manager alike.
Organisation is key. We’re looking for a lover of spreadsheets and processes!
START DATE: ASAP
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Wednesday 31st July
SALARY: £20,000-24,000 + Soho House membership
- HIGHLY ORGANISED AND GOOD AT PLANNING TIME
- ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE WITH A RANGE OF PEOPLE FROM MENTEE THROUGH TO MENTOR, WITH THE RIGHT TONE AND LEVEL OF PROFESSIONALISM
- CONFIDENCE TAKING OWNERSHIP OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- ABILITY TO LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE, THE GOALS OF THE ORGANISATION, AND PRIORITISE ACCORDINGLY
- KEEN TO WORK IN A FAST-PACED STARTUP ENVIRONMENT WHERE THINGS CHANGE REGULARLY
- OPERATIONS MINDSET
- Build, maintain and strengthen CMN’s school, college and youth centre partnerships
- Programme school visits during our schools window (September – December)
- Coordinate a team of Ambassadors (mentors and mentees) to attend CMN school visits to drive applications
- Manage and train a team of Mentee Ambassadors to deliver assemblies
Support team of programme managers and marketing manager
- Manage database of applicants, filtering relevant candidates and communicating with them when we have programmes that come up
- Coordinate impact evaluation collection and collation
- Collate job and event opportunities for young people for CMN Marketing Manager to communicate
- Coordinate showcase event logistics: manage venue and set up in the run up, and coordinate on the day
Manage CMN mentoring cohorts twice annually
- Lead assessment centres, select the right mentees for the programme, and match candidates with the right mentors according to CMN processes
- Coordinate on-boarding process
- Lead on-boarding workshop for new candidates
- Conduct check-ins with mentees and mentors and feed into Head of Programmes
- Coordinate mentor communications
– Experience working with young people
– Knowledge of schools, or experience working in a role that requires you to engage with outside education partners
– Track record of facilitating workshops with young people, or interest in developing in that area
– At least 1-2 years work experience
TO APPLY: Send a CV and cover letter no longer than 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org