Media Relations Officer – In house Retail
As part of the press office team, help build trust in the business with journalists & stakeholders – including responding to enquiries, writing press releases, briefing and preparing spokespeople & helping secure proactive coverage.
- Handling media enquiries and ensuring accurate, rapid and well-crafted responses
- Working collaboratively with Group Communications and wider business to ensure relevant teams and stakeholders are engaged on media opportunities, issues and risks
- Managing and communicating on a portfolio of issues
- Planning and executing engaging and effective media campaigns
- Maintaining effective relationships with key journalists and media outlets
- Maintaining effective relationships with other stakeholders and agencies where necessary
- Advising and coaching senior colleagues on handling media-related matters
- Following the Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need:
- Experience delivering engaging and effective media campaigns.
- Experience dealing with journalists from national and trade outlets.
- Experience managing agencies and working with other external stakeholders.
- People management experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills.
- An in depth knowledge of the media in general and the retail sector specifically.
- Journalist contacts/ ability to build journo relationships
- A can-do attitude and ability to multi-task
- Experience of working under pressure and at a fast pace
- An annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days
- A retirement savings plan
- Life Assurance
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
Please contact Jennifer@f1recruitment.com