Marketing and Community Manager
About Creative Mentor Network
Creative Mentor Network is a charity with a mission to make the creative world of work more diverse and inclusive through mentoring. We work with colleges across London to connect talented 16-25 year olds from diverse backgrounds with those working in the creative industries.
We work with some great partners across the creative industries – Havas, Soho House, Sony Music and Sky – matching up their employees with young people and supporting their journey into the industry.
Our model is designed so that everyone wins: supportive careers guidance for students; training and development for mentors; access to diverse talent for creative businesses.
We’re small, but growing fast. We work closely together and always for the benefit of the young people we support. This is a great opportunity to work with a growing charity at an exciting time.
About the role
You’ll be at the heart of an initiative that will be genuinely making a difference to young people’s lives.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with marketing experience to set their skills and ideas to support a cause they care about. We are looking for someone who is passionate about diversity and inclusion, and who’s willing to go beyond the call of duty to make sure everyone gets the best from CMN.
Working together with CMN’s Marketing Trustee, you’ll have the chance to learn from a senior marketeer to develop and implement a marketing strategy to help us strengthen our community, tell ambassadors stories and position CMN at the centre of the conversation about diversity and inclusion.
We are a startup so we need someone who wants to get stuck in. A doer, who can figure things out as they go, someone who is equally happy inputting into a strategy as executing it.
START DATE: ASAP
FULL TIME POSITION
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Wednesday 31st July
SALARY: £26,000-£34,000 + Soho House membership
- Good visual sense and design skills (knows what looks good). Experience using Photoshop /or Indesign.
- Confident using Mailchimp, Squarespace, social media tools and other marketing software. Someone happy to delve into data.
- Highly organised with a proactive approach to improving processes
- Can manage projects to completion, even when lots changes. Can manage lots of work-streams at once, and prioritise according to the needs of the business.
- Great with people and confident building relationships with everyone from partner businesses and press, to young people and mentors alike
- Good copywriter with good understanding for a story
Experience and interests:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, in-house or at a marketing agency
- Track record securing high reach campaigns and/ or impact press coverage
- Passionate about education and supporting young people
- Experience running events is preferred
The key objective in this role is to further engage our key stakeholders to grow the impact of CMN’s work:
- Suggest, design and implement campaigns to:
- Raise CMN’s profile and increase our number of partner companies
- Increase visibility of the CMN program with young people from low-income communities
- Manage CMN ambassador community, ensuring we leverage their support with the above
Marketing & social media:
- Social and e-comms: Curating and creating story-led content to build engagement and tell the story of CMN. Leverage relevant social platforms and e-comms effectively. Work with the CMN team, mentor and mentee community to develop engaging content (visual assets and copy) to drive business development strategy.
- Design: Use Photoshop / Indesign to create all assets to use across social, e-comms platforms.
- Writing: Produce compelling and concise copy, acting as copy-editor for content being produced across the team and our network of contributors and young people.
- Insights and research: Delving into diversity and inclusion debates, following current trends in youth creativity, public figures and reports.
- Press: Liaising with trade magazines and general press. Telling the CMN story and packaging our content to grow our coverage in the media. You will be responsible for building a press list and developing good relationships with journalists.
Community Management and Events:
- Events: Work with CMN team to market programmed events to our community and the wider creative industry. These events are aimed at strengthening relationships with existing ambassador community (mentors, mentees and partner businesses) to drive sales, and position CMN at the centre of the diversity conversation.
- Ambassador community / influencer marketing: Create strategy and deliver ways of using the CMN Ambassador community (mentors, mentees and partners) to build a pipeline of warm leads and upsell CMN services. We have some high profile mentor ambassadors and partner businesses and we want to improve the way we leverage encourage them to leverage their networks to further CMN’s social impact.
TO APPLY: Send a CV and cover letter no longer than 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org