POSITION: Marcomm Manager (Apparel and Food)
LOCATION: EMEA, Shoreditch, London
START DATE: August 2022
About Avery Dennison Smartrac
Built on a legacy of innovation and materials science, Avery Dennison Smartrac has embarked on a new era of opportunity – for every item to have a unique digital identity. Our technology has the capability to enable a world of connectivity – connecting both products and people. A world where the ‘who, what and where’ of every product, become points of irrefutable fact and absolute visibility. Traceability, transparency, provenance, authenticity, raw material tracing, real-time inventory and personalisation are guaranteed for businesses and consumers throughout the entire supply chain, cradle to cradle. At its most simple, we are a leading Fortune 500 company making the Internet of Things a positive, transformative, worldwide reality for all of us. And we want you to be part of our journey!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
In this role you will be working on Avery Dennison Smarttrac’s marketing team to develop and deliver global campaigns to promote our pioneering innovation and content. You should have a proven track record of working in a management role either in-house or agency-side, responsible for delivering world-class campaigns across a global scale. In return, you will get to work in one of the most exciting and fast growing industries, with strong company values and truly impactful sustainability initiatives across retail.
Working alongside a team of talented marketing experts and stakeholders, you’ll be responsible for delivering stand out marketing tools and activations for our apparel and food segments. We also have a brilliant roster of customers, so driving those relationships to secure and amplify shared successes is a fundamental and exciting part of the role. Running integrated campaigns are what we want to do more of, and so your role will be integral to this, ensuring we generate news and amplify it across social, digital and events.
The role is built across three pillars:
● Leading integrated campaigns for our department that position us as tech leaders, including primary research driven integrated whitepapers and insight led content campaigns
● Experience of working across all channels to deliver integrated campaigns is critical to this role to ensure we’re driving brand awareness and lead generation across PR, social, digital and events
● This is a global role, so you will be required to work with teams based in EU, NA, LATAM, Australia, Japan and China to have a truly global impact
Apparel and Food marketing activations
● With the objective to nurture existing leads and acquire new ones, you will be responsible for strategizing and activating holistic marketing campaigns for the apparel and food segments
● Working in close collaboration with our market development teams, you’ll have the capabilities to deliver a wide range of marketing materials, from trend reports and educational sales tools to customer pitch decks and infographics
● Have a passion for tackling sustainability issues within apparel and food industries, issues such as transparent supply chains, food waste and reusables are all key strategic areas we enable and want to amplify more
● This is an integral part of what we do, so far we have collaborated with Ralph Lauren, adidas, Levis, Kookai, etam, Decathlon and Chipotle, but we’d like to do more. Your role will be to secure, steer and leverage these stories as our greatest news
● You will lead our events and networking strategy ensuring our brand ambassadors are attending the most high profile events globally, speaking on influential panels and taking booths at the biggest retail shows to network with our customers and senior leaders in retail
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING TO THE TEAM:
Avery Dennison has a long history of being a market leader. Your history is important to us. It should include the following:
● 5-6+ years global marketing experience either agency or in-house
● Stakeholder management, great organization, strong passion for what you do and a sense of fun will get you a long way in this role!
● Strategic thinker with an ability to align all activities to help drive commercial goals
● Proven ability to manage a global budget across a variety of activities
● Track record of meeting and exceeding business objectives
● Multi-tasker capable of managing numerous large projects simultaneously
● Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications and organizational skills for copy writing
● Exceptional writing, editing, and presentation abilities
● Experience working effectively across diverse cultures and operating structures; proven ability to excel independently in a global and distributed environment
● Hands on, solutions-oriented attitude with a strong commitment to strive for organizational success
● A strong sense of integrity and ethics
● Ability and willingness to travel globally up to 20%
We not only embrace change… we drive it. We work hard, push hard, and take brave risks. Our culture is innovative and collaborative – where bold ideas turn into action. We grow strong talent through stretch opportunities only restricted by your interests. We are committed to workplace diversity, both for employees and for the business. We are a force for good, embedded in industries and communities worldwide. We are challenging ourselves and others to reach higher and think bigger to improve the quality of all life. Avery Dennison is a great place to work for everyone.
● Workplace & work hours flexibility
● International environment
● A growing team with good spirit!
● Competitive total rewards
Avery Dennison is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in knowing more about our Diversity & Inclusion approach, please go to https://www.averydennison.com/en/home/about-us/diversity-and-inclusion.html
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 35,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2021 were $8.4 billion.
To hear more, please email email@example.com
Apply for Job