Manager of Responsible Business – In house Retail Client
Hertfordshire/North London Borders
This is a new role within our client’s Corporate Responsibility team and offers an exciting opportunity to shape and advise on the future of responsible sourcing for the business. The ideal candidate will be expected to be networking internally and externally to keep abreast of key issues, build partnerships to develop responses to sustainability needs within the supply chain and support the development of sustainability standards.
- Work with key stakeholders to set the direction and identify opportunities to demonstrate responsibility and leadership in responsible business arena. Work across the business partnering with senior stakeholders to develop sustainable product standards, policies, procedures and processes.
- Work with the procurement and Supply Chain teams to build internal capability to prevent, identify and remediate key business risks.
- Build capability through communications, training materials and supplier integrity programmes that deliver ethical trade commitments across suppliers.
- Project manage existing beyond-compliance supply chain initiatives.
- Work closely with the procurement and legal compliance teams to proactively raise and respond to issues
- Identify new opportunities to drive improvements in social and environmental performance across the supply chain in with business priorities, develop and manage new programmes in line with these opportunities.
- Keep abreast of emerging issues and ensure a proactive approach to tackling issues where possible.
- Engage with internal teams and business partners to develop a culture of sustainable procurement and manufacturing.
- Promote the responsible sourcing agenda within the procurement team.
You will have:
- A strong understanding of the wider sustainability agenda in a retail setting.
- Senior experience in an ethical trade/responsible sourcing/supply chain sustainability role, preferably in a retail setting.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to empathise and influence internally and externally and manage multiple stakeholder relations.
- Experience of engaging and influencing at a senior level within a business setting.
- A self-starter; ability to take initiative and work independently, taking a high degree of personal responsibility for results.
- Extensive knowledge on supply chain sustainability, the issues that arise, and prevailing best practice on driving improvement.