Manager of Consumer Communications – In House Retail
75-90K + amazing benefits
Our client, a leading high street retailer, has experienced a period of significant growth and continues to expand making it one of the most exciting and innovative retail success stories in Europe
This leadership role within the European Consumer Communications team is critical to driving the growth as well as helping deliver business objectives around the brand’s Corporate Responsibility strategy.
Leading the planning and overseeing local market execution of high impact and integrated external communications campaigns (PR, Social, Influencer and Experiential channels), the Manager of Consumer Communications will partner closely with multiple stakeholders at a central (hub) and a local (in-market) level, and lead external and in-house agencies, to increase understanding and build advocacy for the brand across its European markets.
Key skills & experience
- Significant experience in a fast-paced in-house environment or agency external communications role with big brand experience, preferably working within a multi-market structure
- Proven track record in development and delivery of Comms strategy and tactics within a wider integrated marketing campaign and particularly within Earned, Influence, Social and Experiential channels
- Passion for creating first class content irrespective of channel and switched on to marketing trends
- Creative flair with a strong track record of delivering newsworthy and shareable content particularly within the earned media sphere
- Accomplished in managing external agency relationships
- Adept in devising operational processes and procedures to improve efficiency including budget management
- Comfortable in an ambassadorial role both internally and externally
- On top of industry news with a passion for Comms innovation in particular within Earned, Social, Influence and Experiential spheres
- Solid understanding of social media. Experience of leading social media campaigns highly desirable
- First class writing skills across a variety of communication formats and excellent presentation skills
- Exceptional organisation skills and results focus
- Confident networker and diplomatic communicator with an ability to build relationships across geographies and functions
- Proven team and line management experience
- Proficiency in one or more European languages beneficial
- Energetic and solutions oriented with a flexible and optimistic outlook.