ABOUT THE ROLE
Our client seeks a strategic and entrepreneurial leader to join our growing marketing organisation and lead our Digital Marketing team to new heights. This is a key marketing leadership role within the Club and will be responsible for delivering on our vision and ambition for the Club, which includes performance marketing, onsite marketing, app growth marketing, CRM and email/mobile comms, SEO, product marketing, CRO and Visitor Attractions e-commerce optimisation. In addition a key responsibility is to develop and manage the integration of marketing technology tools across the Club’s front-end and back-end business systems.
The Head of Digital Marketing plays a critical role in driving our digital growth and you will be expected to craft and lead on the development and execution of high-calibre, personalised digital marketing communications and experiences to engage our supporters and wider audience. Working with the commercial department you will establish our long-term digital marketing vision, strategy and team priorities and will lead on its delivery across the Club’s portfolio of businesses, which include ticketing, premium hospitality, e-commerce, stadium tours, attractions, events, memberships, content, OTT/VOD and more. You will report into the Marketing Director and lead our CRM, Performance Marketing, Web and App Marketing, and Marketing Analytics teams.
You will be obsessed with putting our supporters at the core of everything that we do. As a digital expert you will have an intimate understanding of which levers to pull in order to optimise performance across all digital channels. You will be expected to grow our engaged supporter base through omnichannel personalization and journey optimization strategies, leveraging your expertise in marketing technology and communications platforms. You eat metrics for breakfast and will be instrumental in establishing a data-driven culture in the Club. You will drive growth by implementing digital activations that are focused on all parts of the funnel, working cross-functionally with the Commercial, Content, and Technology teams to build and execute campaigns locally and globally at high-velocity.
As a proven leader, you will have a strength in providing vision and direction to teams at various levels of skill, experience, and capability – adjusting your management style to accommodate others as needed. You will set clear goals/KPIs and manage performance of others. Additionally, you will form part of the Digital Leadership cross- team and provide direction across multiple cross-functional project teams and stakeholders across the Club. You must be highly collaborative, excel in fast-paced environments, and are comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Establish the Club’s long-term digital marketing vision, strategy and priorities, including setting an ambitious yet achievable annual plan
- Lead all aspects of digital marketing, which include performance marketing, onsite marketing, app growth marketing, CRM and email/mobile comms, SEO, affiliates, product marketing, CRO and Visitor Attractions e-commerce optimisation
- Develop and manage integration of marketing technology tools across Club front-end and back end business systems
- Lead, inspire and motivate digital marketing team to drive growth, creating a high performing environment by setting clear expectation and goals, and providing direction to ensure achievement.
- Be laser focused on the supporter: understand audiences and their behaviours along with a deep working knowledge of the supporter journey and how digital marketing guides them through each stage.
- Develop and plan digital strategies across all business lines that will drive growth in the UK and globally
- Provide clear direction through data and insight on all strategic and operational marketing activities
- Implement experimentation programme and learning agenda on all digital marketing activities to improve optimisation and ROI by channel
- Manage the digital marketing budget and delivery of ROI to agreed budgeted targets across all business lines
- Work collaboratively across all Club departments to continuously push the boundaries to optimise digital performance and overdeliver against key performance metrics.
- Design, deliver and optimise an automated and powerful customer lifecycle engine built with best-in-breed marketing technology
- Provide deep analysis on the effectiveness of the digital marketing mix and optimisation
- Have a deep understanding of marketing attribution and data-driven creative messaging
- Develop and implement marketing systems, tools and processes that deliver best-in-class capability for the Club
- Develop marketing decision making systems that deliver insight for marketing and strategy decisions based on propensity models, lifetime value, attribution value, next best action, anti-churn models, et al
- Manage the Club’s personalisation and site optimization program, driven by Mixpanel and Dynamic Yield
- Work with Marketing Analytics Manager as well as Business Analytics and Business Solutions teams to provide daily, weekly, and monthly reporting with insight, commentary and learnings to the Board and wider Club departments
- Evangelise digital marketing and data driven decision making. Utilise your expertise and experience to build the knowledge and capability of fellow marketers and the wider Club business
- Lead and develop a team providing development, coaching, objectives, goal setting, and performance management.
- Be a thought leader across the wider business
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a B2C, digital-first organisation. Media, entertainment, e-commerce, or D2C subscription vertical experience preferred, but not essential
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading cross-channel digital teams
- Proven track record delivering growth through digital and performance marketing channels
- Track record of successfully implementing Paid Social campaigns, driving growth through Search, managing an Affiliates programme and optimising websites
- Deep working knowledge of modern data stacks and marketing technology
- Experience in identifying critical information, developing hypotheses and making recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making and drive change and innovation
- Proven ability of delivering digital campaigns that have delivered against commercial KPIs
- Deep understanding of the digital marketing space, and channel best practice
- Successful track record of identifying, measuring, and leading with data and insights, demonstrating creative processes and influencing outcomes across multiple projects and businesses
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- A strong data-centric and analytical mind, with the ability to use data to analyse issues, develop solutions and influence key decisions
- A clear leader, able to manage, mentor and grow a team across multiple digital disciplines
- Ability to put our supporters at the heart of your approach
- Deep understanding of growth metrics and digital performance KPIs
- Experience with modern, best-in-class marketing and data technologies such as Customer Data Platforms, Product Analytics, Journey Orchestration, MMPs, Personalisation, Customer Engagement Platforms, Business Intelligence, Machine Learning, Experimentation
- A collaborative and open mindset that foster participation and contribution of ideas. Must have a good ideas can come from anywhere mentality.
- Ability to move at pace amidst ambiguity and adapt and drive change at a moment’s notice
- Well-organised logical and efficient; process-driven with outstanding project management skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to positively engage and influence senior colleagues from across the business
- A proactive self-starter with an ambitious spirit, able to work on multiple workstreams effectively and at pace, independently or collaboratively as required
- Strong attention to detail
Apply for Job