Consumer Communications Manager- In House Retail
Our client is a dynamic high street retailer who has experienced a period of significant growth and continues to expand making it one of the most exciting and innovative retail success stories in Europe since its launch 25 years ago.
They are looking for a Consumer Communications Manger which is a pivotal role within the European Consumer Communications function within the Brand & Marketing Department. This has a key part to play in driving the growth of the brand as well as helping deliver objectives around the brand’s Corporate Responsibility strategy.
Managing the planning and overseeing local market execution of high impact and integrated external communications campaigns (PR, Social, Influencer and Experiential channels), the Consumer Communications Manager will partner closely with multiple stakeholders at a central (hub) and a local (in-market) level, and will manage external and in-house agencies, to increase understanding, build advocacy and drive footfall for the brand
This role is also responsible for supporting the development and managing the delivery of impactful and integrated external communications strategies in order to support the delivery of the brand’s CR strategy across Europe.
Key skills, knowledge and experience:
- Significant experience in a fast-paced in-house environment or agency external communications role with big brand experience, preferably working within a multi-market structure
- Proven track record in managing the development and delivery of Comms strategy and tactics within a wider integrated marketing campaign and particularly within Earned, Influence, Social and Experiential channels
- Passion for creating first class content irrespective of channel and switched on to marketing trends
- Creative flair with a track record of delivering newsworthy and shareable content particularly within the earned media sphere
- Experience of managing external agency relationships
- Experience of managing operational processes and procedures to improve efficiency including budget management
- Comfortable in an ambassadorial role both internally and externally
- On top of industry news with a passion for Comms innovation in particular within Earned, Social, Influence and Experiential spheres
- Solid understanding of social media and influence. Experience of managing social media and influence campaigns expected
- First class writing skills across a variety of communication formats and excellent presentation skills
- Exceptional organisation skills and results focus
- Confident networker and diplomatic communicator with an ability to build relationships across geographies and functions
- Team and line management experience preferable
- Proficiency in one or more European languages beneficial
- Energetic and solutions oriented with a flexible and optimistic outlook