Our client is an agency that really matters and makes a difference. All their work is purpose lead so if you want to work for a more boutique agency but with big brands and do more purpose led work, then this is for you. They are looking for an established Account Director with PR as their core expertise, for an exciting opportunity to bring consistency, stability and leadership to a growing team in a fast-paced environment. The Account Director will assist the Associate Director in the development and implementation of strategic solutions for clients, developing long term client relationships and inspiring and nurturing a strong team.
Their PR client roster is going through rapid expansion and you will play a key role in driving forward multiple retained accounts as well as new business. As a relatively new PR function within the agency, they are seeking an ‘all-rounder’ with exceptional project management skills as well as PR expertise and you will be willing to get stuck in with whatever is required.
Their clients are purpose-driven from across the government, charity and the private
sectors. The issues they tackle include health and well-being, skills and learning,
diversity and inclusion, and sustainability and the environment.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• To work across multiple integrated accounts ensuring campaign delivery. You
drive the whole process end-to-end through from initial ideation and KPI
setting through to final delivery. You launch consumer, purpose-driven PR
campaigns with creative activations.
• You motivate and manage the input of internal staff across a range of
disciplines including social media, creative, planning and client services,
ensuring they are delivering on time, to brief and within budget.
• You build and maintain excellent client relationships, delivering the highest
levels of client service, strategic output and creative work. Your depth of
understanding of your clients’ business enables you to frame strategic solutions
to their business issues.
• You take an active role in new business development, identifying opportunities,
producing slide decks and leading pitches.
• You assist the Associate Director in the delivery of annual business
development plans to deliver against targets, driving income and profitability –
• You understand the current and changing media and digital landscape and
have contacts across national and consumer media, using your eye for a good
news story to proactively develop these with clients. You support the wider
team on adapting and adjusting media relations strategy when required.
• You’re a keen networker, and you build valuable relationships with key
influencers and industry spokespeople
• You represent PR at a senior level within the business and provide PR
consultation and strategy advice to support clients and colleagues.
• You understand what makes a good story, have excellent writing skills and use
your creativity to inspire great PR-able ideas.
• You are a team player and have a willingness to get stuck into day-to-day
media relations as part of a small team.
PERSON SPEC – EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND
• 5+ years’ agency experience with recent experience at AD level role in a PR
environment. You ideally have a blend of government, charity and commercial
• Project management: exceptional project manager.
• Communication skills: excels in all types of communication and at all levels
with clients and internally. Demonstrates gravitas by commanding meetings,
taking control and reassuring. Has a clear, accurate and concise written style
across emails, and written communication; delivers client presentations with
confidence, clarity and conviction.
• Management: is developing active listening and coaching skills to help
develop more junior team members. Gives regular meaningful feedback and
understands how to motivate their teams. Passion for showing leadership,
identifying team training needs where required and nurturing staff talent.
• Organisation: is able to manage time efficiently and prioritise work
effectively, delegating where appropriate, and finding solutions when issues
• Research and analysis: is able to build evaluation and valuation (where
appropriate) into the core of their campaigns, and shape research
requirements and methodologies
• Numeracy: can understand how an agency makes money and is able to apply
that understanding to the management of day-to-day accounts to ensure
financial decisions are made to the benefit of the agency. Experience of budget
management and forecasting.
• Computer skills: adept at using MS Office programmes (Word, PowerPoint
and Excel), Paprika and the Contact database. Advanced PowerPoint skills are
• 25 days of annual leave excluding bank holidays – increases to 28 days after 3
years of service and 30 days after 5 years.
• Flexi-hours and flexible working.
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Life Assurance.
• Permanent Health Insurance.
• Private Medical Insurance.
• Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Shared Parental Leave.
• Personal and Company Pension Contribution.
• Cultural Allowance of £240 per annum to spend on cultural experiences.
• Season ticket loan for travel.
• Cycle to Work scheme.
• Bonus scheme.
• Bursary scheme with awards up to £1,500 for training and development.
• Social events and activities.
This is a truly exciting opportunity offering an immediate start.
Apply for Job