Account Director – Consumer Tech/Lifestyle – Agency
Are you hungry for development and growth?
Do you want to work in a growing, collaborative, entrepreneurial agency?
Are you excited by consumer tech?
This maybe the opportunity for you…
Based in Holborn
Temp to Perm role in agency environment
You will be responsible for the end-to-end management and development of client accounts, contributing to strategic planning of campaigns, having a very strong creative voice, growing client relationships and feeding into the budgeting process. You will contribute to the overall development and growth of the new agency, identifying and securing new business opportunities, playing key role in building relationships with the wider parent group. As well as being a trusted advisor to clients, part of your role will be to mentor junior staff to help them develop and overcome challenges; demonstrate our culture and values at all times. You will keep abreast of the latest industry, media and social media developments and be responsible for supporting your clients’ business requirement.
Account Planning and Management
- Lead the account team to ensure activity is undertaken on time and within budget
- Act as Consultant to your clients, giving expert, well thought out feedback, and be prepared to challenge where necessary
- Support in the creation of strategy documents to develop your clients’ business, with support as required from the senior team
- Ensure the relevant Director is up-to-date with account status – projects and financials
- Be able to lead accounts (<£6,000) independently of a Director
- Oversee implementation of account activity to ensure output meets and exceeds agreed KPIs
- Take responsibility for quality control / proofing of all materials.
- Always ensure you are one step ahead of forward planning, identifying any issues / pressure points and capitalising on possible opportunities
- React to crises swiftly, efficiently and provide recommendations to clients in conjunction with the Director
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of client’s brand, its attributes and promise and how that is differentiated within its direct competitor set and the wider financial services arena
- Be able competently to sign off junior work, including a critical approach to the correct use of language for the task
- Identify opportunities for building existing client business and / or new business
- Show an understanding of budget development and management on accounts
- Assume the Director’s responsibilities if they are absent or unavailable
- Motivate and manage account teams, monitor resource requirements and raise issues or concerns
- Ensure account teams are working together to optimise performance and build long term client relationships
- Empower more junior members of the team to take on responsibility and consult on clients
- Ensure you are delegating effectively – to more junior and senior members of the team
- Act as a mentor on a day to day basis and feed into the agency review process for each member of the team
- Complete timesheets accurately as required and encourage team members to do the same
- Identify and develop new business opportunities as appropriate to new and existing clients
- Contribute to developing case studies of client work for website, credentials presentations etc
- Take an active role in new business pitches under direction from a management team member
- Identify and take part in networking opportunities
- Build your own social media profile
Skills and expertise
- Strong media handling skills, including supporting crisis communications work
- Provide strategic direction for all media activity, taking ultimate responsibility for delivery of all sell in activity to achieve KPIs
- Sustain insight into target media and key issues, monitoring for client opportunities
- Develop, and support team in developing, strong, creative campaign and newsroom ideas
- Ensure all written materials are accurate and of an excellent standard without requiring Associate Director/Director’s input
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists, suppliers and key stakeholders.
- Support junior team in building their media contacts.
- Be actively involved in building understanding of social media
- Provide creative input into how social media could be leveraged for client activity
- Demonstrate the agency values – social, curious, open, responsible, entrepreneurial and expert
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere in the office
- Provide ad hoc mentoring support to junior members of the team
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of the technology sector
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of the media and social media trends
If you’re interested and want to discuss further, please email your CV to Vicky@f1recruitment.com or pop me a message on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/in/vicky-jackson-7b534867