f1 has a manifesto because we are focused on making a difference in our industry. The business world is changing around us at a speed scarcely imaginable ten years ago and we are constantly beating the drum for better work life balance, for a wider diversity of talent in the marcomms industry, for more marcomms on the main board and for our biggest passion – for every business to recognise that a strong purpose in business creates better profits.
Here it is –
- To see more CMOs and CCOs on the boards of Britain’s FTSE Top 250 companies. To this end we are, for example, developing a NED programme to enable senior practitioners to gain experience at board level.
- To help identify and advise CMOs, Communications Directors and Sponsorship Directors of the skills set needed to take their place in the C-suite.
- To champion the marketing communications and sponsorship industry as a career of choice.
- To encourage, through ground-breaking programmes and initiatives, people from a diverse, ethnic, demographic and educational background to join and remain in our profession. This includes career changers, mum returners and flexible workers as well as young people entering the workforce.
- To partner and influence our industry’s membership associations; the IPA, CIM, CIPR, PRCA, IDM, DMI, ESA, the REC.
- To trail-blaze best in class recruitment practice to candidates and to clients.
- To promote CPD at all levels to help people achieve their professional aspirations.